The article deals with the meaning of Chuckwagon, history and mainly with the tools and equipments used in Chuckwagon cooking.
Chuckwagon was invented by Colonel Charles Goodnight in 1866 in US after the Civil War. The need of Chuckwagon arose when the cattle owner with the cowboys and their cattle travelled Texas to Midwest. Then Charles Goodnight who himself was a cattle owner invented this amazing wagon which was built from the army surplus wagon. He chose those wagons which were able to cover long distances and converted the back portion of the wagon into the mobile kitchen and carried the cooking equipments known as Chuckwagon cooking equipments and cooking material. These equipments were also specially designed that means they were light weight and compact and the cooking material was such which could remain for long like salt meat, beans, cookies or biscuits and coffee. In the modern era due to many inventions and developments the Chukwagon concept has become past story. Now there are big vehicles for transportation. But still because of formation of American Chuckwagon Association the concept is still alive. The members of the association take part in Chuckwagon races and cooking. Now these Chuckwagons are used as heritage, for camping and for the hunters.
Chuckwagon cooking equipments are of large variety now because these are not only used for camping but also for personal outdoor cooking or when you are going for picnics with friends or family. These equipments are at affordable prices for everybody. The cooking equipments are listed below:
1. Dutch Ovens- This is one of the main equipment of outdoor cooking or cooking in the camps. These are made of cast iron or aluminium and are quite heavy in weight, supported by metal legs so that they are not in direct contact with the heat source. There are some accessories connected with Dutch Oven they are- Dutch oven bags, Dutch Oven Boxes, Disposable Dutch Oven Liners, Camp Chef Deluxe Dutch Ovens, GSI Hard Anodized Aluminium Dutch Ovens, Camp Chef Cast Iron Cleanser, Lodge Dutch Ovens and Dutch Oven ID Tags.
2. Camp Stoves- The stoves are also of different varieties and different sizes. Some of them are- Folding Canister Camp stove, Backpackers Mini Butane Camp Stove, single Burner Upright Camp Stove, Burner Camp stove, Burner Camp stove with Grill, Burner Prop Camp Stove, Barbeque Prop Stove With Grill, Two Burner Camp Stove with Drip Pan, and Stainless Steel Propane Barbeque
There are other things also which are a part of Chuckwagon cooking they are:
1. Table accessories like table stands, cooking tables, windscreens, and table bags
2. Utensils and miscellaneous products like Frying pans, Coffee pots, percolators, griddles, non-stick griddles, boilers, pizza pans, outdoor water heater, waffle iron, tablet set for single person or for two four and six depends on the requirement. Then there can be wooden utensils, metal spoons, wooden serving spoons, pastry brush, turners, whips, graters, knives, and gloves for holding the utensil, can openers, cutting boards and meat forks.
3. Lastly the Chuckwagon traditional cookbooks.
So just make your outdoor cooking experience a memorable with the chuckwagon cooking equipments and accessories.